Sunday, October 23, 2005

The only Jesus

My mom used to say to me "Quinn, what if you are the only Jesus some people ever see." I used to think, Ya right. I'm just me, what can I do? I mean, I'm a good person, surely that is enough.

What Would Jesus Do?

He sees a homeless blind man on the street. What Did Jesus Do? Stopped and healed him. What Did Quinn Do? Nothing. He sees a hungry man, needing food. What Did Jesus Do? Gave him food, and not just food, but also the word of life. What Did Quinn Do? Nothing. He sees a man needing a place to sleep, a shelter. What Did Jesus Do? Gave him the shelter of his love. What Did Quinn Do? Nothing.

Well, tonight I did do something. Tonight I did take the time. I offered what I had. I shared with him God's love. For perhaps the first time since I started wearing the bracelet, I did something I know Jesus would be proud of, what he would have done.

And it felt so good. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. I just want to go out and do the same for everyone! I shall definatly do it more often. It's a deeper connection with God than I have experienced in a really long time.

Well, share the love ;)

TTYL

1 Comments:

Blogger shaun said...

I liked it a lot, perhaps I don't like the idea of having to work so hard but the pay off is so much greater! All good aspects perhaps.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home