Perfection and love
And once again inspiration hits as I am talking to a dear, dear friend of mine. He's so great, just letting God work through him. thanks once again Shaun.
I was reading through 1 Corinthians 13. The LOVE chapter. But, that is not the issue I want to address so much (that is much to complicated for my simple mind :P ). What i want to talk about is verse 10
"but when perfection comes, the imperfect disapears"
I'm taking that in relation to not just love, but salvation as a whole.
When Jesus, who is perfect, enters into our hearts, which are imperfect, well... something has to happen. It's like, disolving sugar into water. The one affects the other. The water becomes sweet. Just like when Jesus is in our hearts, the imperfection is affected... it has to become perfect.
I suck at analogies. I've been thinking about this one for a while though. It's like Jesus is an eraser... no, he is white out. He covers over our mistakes, and it's made new, made perfect again.
Meh, I hope you get it.
Okay, here is something I JUST wrote... it IS about love. I found out something that I know about that hard topic.
I was asked what my heart said about love.... this is what it says:"It tells me that love hurts. My mind tells me not to love, but that is because the mind is all about self preservation. My heart tells me not to care about what happens to me. When I love, I love so deeply that it makes me want to cry, but I like that feeling. When I love I will do anything for that person. I will cry with them, laugh with them. When I love I can't get enough of that person. When i love, there is little other emotion that I feel."
That's it. That's all I know :P
I was reading through 1 Corinthians 13. The LOVE chapter. But, that is not the issue I want to address so much (that is much to complicated for my simple mind :P ). What i want to talk about is verse 10
"but when perfection comes, the imperfect disapears"
I'm taking that in relation to not just love, but salvation as a whole.
When Jesus, who is perfect, enters into our hearts, which are imperfect, well... something has to happen. It's like, disolving sugar into water. The one affects the other. The water becomes sweet. Just like when Jesus is in our hearts, the imperfection is affected... it has to become perfect.
I suck at analogies. I've been thinking about this one for a while though. It's like Jesus is an eraser... no, he is white out. He covers over our mistakes, and it's made new, made perfect again.
Meh, I hope you get it.
Okay, here is something I JUST wrote... it IS about love. I found out something that I know about that hard topic.
I was asked what my heart said about love.... this is what it says:"It tells me that love hurts. My mind tells me not to love, but that is because the mind is all about self preservation. My heart tells me not to care about what happens to me. When I love, I love so deeply that it makes me want to cry, but I like that feeling. When I love I will do anything for that person. I will cry with them, laugh with them. When I love I can't get enough of that person. When i love, there is little other emotion that I feel."
That's it. That's all I know :P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home