Do people like me?
Matthew 5:11
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Do people insult me? Do they persecute me? Do they say mean things about me? Well, not to my face (thank goodness, I would be crushed).
I think I am farely well liked. I mean, I have friends, and people smile sometimes when they see me. That makes me feel good.
But what does God really want from me? He wants me to stand up for what I beleive in. He wants me to shout out for him, and tell people my opinion (the ones that I know are right from the Bible). He wants me to be an agressive witness. Now, I don't know about you, but when people are faced with the prospect of being wrong, or doing wrong, they usually aren't all that happy about it.
But sometimes that is what God calls us to do.
We may be insulted and persecuted, we may have evil spoken against us, but at least we know that we are doing as God calls us to do.
Matthew 5:12
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Ever notice how people proclaim freedom of speech until a Christian starts to talk?
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Do people insult me? Do they persecute me? Do they say mean things about me? Well, not to my face (thank goodness, I would be crushed).
I think I am farely well liked. I mean, I have friends, and people smile sometimes when they see me. That makes me feel good.
But what does God really want from me? He wants me to stand up for what I beleive in. He wants me to shout out for him, and tell people my opinion (the ones that I know are right from the Bible). He wants me to be an agressive witness. Now, I don't know about you, but when people are faced with the prospect of being wrong, or doing wrong, they usually aren't all that happy about it.
But sometimes that is what God calls us to do.
We may be insulted and persecuted, we may have evil spoken against us, but at least we know that we are doing as God calls us to do.
Matthew 5:12
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Ever notice how people proclaim freedom of speech until a Christian starts to talk?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home