Miss a Day and Fall
Well, Yesterday was awful. I sat around all day with all the time in the world, and guess what I did. Ignored my Bible. I basically told God I didn't feel like spending any time with him. Well, guess who was depressed yesterday *raises hand* Ya, that's right, Quinn was depressed yesterday. I mean, my Bible was just sitting there, God was sitting there, trying to tap me on the shoulder and tell me he wanted to talk to me, and I brushed him off, telling him that I just wasn't in the mood to talk to the person who died so I wouldnt' have to. Well, yesterday was a really really bad day for me.
But this morning. This morning I jumped out of bed, went and cleaned my apartment, sat down rapped up in a fuzzy blanket, and read my Bible, did my devotions, spent time with My Father! And now, I feel amazing. I feel so good, and so happy, and so joyful. Today is going to be a good day, I can tell.
Everyday should be a good day, I should be joyful everyday. Because everyday is a new day from God, and a new oppertunity, and a new beginning. A fresh day I can spend with the Lord, a day where I haven't messed up yet, and everything is good. Cool beans eh?
The best part is that even though I was completly rude to him yesterday, he still loves me today. He loves me just as much today as he did before I ignored him. That is what I love.
So, as I was thinking about that this morning, and thinking about blogging about it, this song by Toby Mac came on the radio, it's called Burn For You
I’m a brand new man, I’m a conscious manI’m a man who’s burnin’ for youThe mistakes I’ve made have been chased away to the bottom of the ocean blueI’m a brand new man in a foreign land, I’m a man who’s feelin’ that fireAnd it’s all so clear when I’m standing here at the peak of my desireSo won’t you move me like you used toI want the world to know I burn for youI feel revived again, I am alive again(Burnin’ for you) You got me lifted and lifted you lift me upI feel revived again, I’m energized again(Burnin’ for you) You got me lifted and lifted you lift me upWoke up in a sweat, those ghosts in my headHad a grip, but I slipped on byIt’s a whole new day as the darkness fadesAnd the sun’s climbing in the skyI concede, my love, that I need your loveI’m before you, a broken manAnd it’s only you, no substitutes who can renew this soul againYou got me higher than KilimanjaroGot me believin’ I can “save the day”I’m up and running like their ain’t no tomorrowI’d rather burn for you than fade awayI’d rather burn for you than go my wayI’m a whole new guy with a whole new vibeChanged inside – more flame in the fireCan’t stop, won’t stop praying for desireLike the bunny on the screen feel so energizedOld shell gone without a trace, new faceNo more shortness of breath, new paceLive life now without the taste of fearTOBYMAC, Double Dutch now let the smoke clear
Anyways, that's how I feel today, pretty much. I feel new and revived and just full of God! It's amazing.
But this morning. This morning I jumped out of bed, went and cleaned my apartment, sat down rapped up in a fuzzy blanket, and read my Bible, did my devotions, spent time with My Father! And now, I feel amazing. I feel so good, and so happy, and so joyful. Today is going to be a good day, I can tell.
Everyday should be a good day, I should be joyful everyday. Because everyday is a new day from God, and a new oppertunity, and a new beginning. A fresh day I can spend with the Lord, a day where I haven't messed up yet, and everything is good. Cool beans eh?
The best part is that even though I was completly rude to him yesterday, he still loves me today. He loves me just as much today as he did before I ignored him. That is what I love.
So, as I was thinking about that this morning, and thinking about blogging about it, this song by Toby Mac came on the radio, it's called Burn For You
I’m a brand new man, I’m a conscious manI’m a man who’s burnin’ for youThe mistakes I’ve made have been chased away to the bottom of the ocean blueI’m a brand new man in a foreign land, I’m a man who’s feelin’ that fireAnd it’s all so clear when I’m standing here at the peak of my desireSo won’t you move me like you used toI want the world to know I burn for youI feel revived again, I am alive again(Burnin’ for you) You got me lifted and lifted you lift me upI feel revived again, I’m energized again(Burnin’ for you) You got me lifted and lifted you lift me upWoke up in a sweat, those ghosts in my headHad a grip, but I slipped on byIt’s a whole new day as the darkness fadesAnd the sun’s climbing in the skyI concede, my love, that I need your loveI’m before you, a broken manAnd it’s only you, no substitutes who can renew this soul againYou got me higher than KilimanjaroGot me believin’ I can “save the day”I’m up and running like their ain’t no tomorrowI’d rather burn for you than fade awayI’d rather burn for you than go my wayI’m a whole new guy with a whole new vibeChanged inside – more flame in the fireCan’t stop, won’t stop praying for desireLike the bunny on the screen feel so energizedOld shell gone without a trace, new faceNo more shortness of breath, new paceLive life now without the taste of fearTOBYMAC, Double Dutch now let the smoke clear
Anyways, that's how I feel today, pretty much. I feel new and revived and just full of God! It's amazing.

1 Comments:
hey there young lady that is pretty awesome. I love that story about that homeless guy and the tears, I just can't get over it. Though it wasn't in there.
Post a Comment
<< Home